The USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim grants application window for 2021 is now closed. The 2022 grant application window will be announced in the third quarter of 2021.
The application will ask you about your program and your instructors, and points are awarded in the first round of consideration for "yes" answers to the following questions:
- Does the program have a USMS-ALTS certified instructor?
- Does the program intend to use the USMS-ALTS curriculum?
- Does the program have an affiliated USMS club?
- If not, are they willing to start one?
- Has the program participated in April is Adult Learn-to-Swim Month or a similar outreach effort to engage adult non-swimmers in its community?
- Is the program a nonprofit or municipality?
- Is the program a previous grant recipient?
- Is the program established in its community?
- Will the program offer low-cost lessons to students?
- Does the program have a matching grant?
In the latest group of applications, programs scoring at least 6 advanced to the next round of consideration.
All applicants are encouraged to be familiar with the application scoring system and submit an application that best reflects the program's earned points. Also, we'll ask for a proposed budget and will want to hear how a grant from the USMS/USA Swimming Foundation can help take your swim-lessons program to the next level, or help you to get off the ground. We accept applications from all swim instructors, facilities, and programs that want to help make more adults safer around water. If you have questions, you are welcome to email or call, 941-256-8767.
Grant winners will be notified in March. Funds awarded will be for use in 2021.