We miss events! The challenge. The camaraderie. The fun.
Until we are able to safely host large in-person events, we wanted to give USMS members a chance to rev their engines and race with swimmers all across the country.
The 2021 TYR Last One Fast One virtual event offers an opportunity to race in your favorite pool and open water events on the Swim.com app. Times can be submitted manually or via a smartwatch.
See where you stack up in your favorite event or get out of your comfort zone and try something new. The choice is yours!
Still not convinced? $5 from every entry benefits USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim grants supported by the USA Swimming Foundation. By entering, you are helping someone else learn the sport we all love.
Best of all, you can race as many times as you’d like during the event. All swims will be recorded in your Swim.com feed, but only your fastest will appear on the leaderboard. Make your last one, the fastest!
Any 25-yard pool or open water venue. All standard 25-yard pool individual events and open water distances from 1 mile to 25K. No relays will be offered.
*If you do not have access to a 25-yard pool, you can use a time conversion tool (i.e. SwimSwam, Swimming World) to convert your time to 25-yards and manually input them.
2021 TYR Last One Fast One proceeds benefit USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim grants supported by the USA Swimming Foundation. $5 from each entry plus any additional donations made during registration or through this page will benefit ALTS grants.
- Swimmers will be able to compete in as many events as desired with unlimited attempts between April 16 - May 2, all covered by the $15-$20 fee.
- $5 from each entry plus additional donations benefit USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim grants.
- Everyone who registers will receive a package in the mail with a commemorative medal, event logo swim cap*, and USMS window cling.
- All registered swimmers will receive an email prior to the event with detailed instructions for how to participate on the Swim.com app. Swimmers will be able to compete in as many events as desired with unlimited attempts between April 16 - May 2.
*Note: the cap is latex. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to receive these items. Items will be shipped in batches starting in early April. Once we reach 1,000 participants, we will reorder the swag and it will take longer to receive.
All standard 25-yard pool individual events and several open water distances. No relays will be offered. Click the links below on your phone to go right to the event on the Swim.com app to join.
How Do I Compete?
You must link your My USMS account with your Swim.com account in order to compete.
You can choose to compete in as many of the events as you’d like on the Swim.com app. There is no limit as long as you swim them between April 16 – May 2 and log the results by May 4. Swims can be uploaded manually or using a compatible device (Garmin, Apple Watch, etc.). Don’t worry if you don’t have a smartwatch! Manual results can be timed by a coach or friend with a stopwatch, regular watch, pace clock, or anything else that displays times. :)
Swim.com has made several upgrades since the 2020 Toyota USMS Virtual Championships. Most notably, times will be recorded to the hundredth of a second.
USMS starts and strokes rules apply, but we will be using the honor system. Swim fast. Swim fair. USMS reserves the right to remove any clearly incorrect results.
Results and Rankings
This is not a customary USMS national championship. Results will not be eligible for USMS records or used to determine Top 10, All-American, or All-Star status.
TONS of prizes will be offered from TYR! Swimmers must have paid the entry fee to be eligible for the random drawings.
Here is a toolkit with event details, suggestions to engage your swimmers, and content to promote the event on your social media channels.
Visit our COVID-19 resource page for more information, articles, and workout suggestions.
STILL need convincing?
Let’s recap what makes this event a no-brainer:
- You can safely race swimmers across the country
- Pool and open water events are offered
- Swim each event as many times as you like
- Manual and device times are allowed
- You get a medal, swim cap, sticker, and partner discounts
- $5 of your entry helps adults learning to swim