Welcome to the 2021 USMS National Elections information site. The election will be held during the 2021 USMS Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates. This election cycle, we will elect USMS officers (president, vice president of administration, vice president of community services, vice president of local operations, vice president of programs, secretary and treasurer). Descriptions and duties of the officers are contained in ARTICLE 506 of the Code of Regulations. Processes for the election are governed by the current Election Operating Guidelines. Please read all information carefully and refer to the Election Schedule in APPENDIX A of these guidelines to avoid misunderstandings. If elected, you will need to attend a mandatory BOD meeting which will be held at the conclusion of the annual meeting.
Due to the virtual nature of the 2021 Annual Meeting, the Elections Committee and the Board of Directors have created and approved the following Elections Procedures for a Virtual USMS Annual Meeting.
The following candidates have been qualified and slated as of May 13, 2021 (Consolidated Election Packet). As of Monday, Sept 6, 2021 no floor nominations were received. Despite the fact that there are no contested races, the elections will proceed as described in the Elections Procedures for a Virtual USMS Annual Meeting. (no acclamations of winners)
Meet-the-candidate videos for slated candidates will be available for viewing from Monday, Sept 20, 2021, until Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021, 12:00pm EDT.
The original nomination period is from March 1, 2021 through April 30, 2021.
Floor Nominations - Floor Nominations opened at 11:59pm EDT on Friday, Sept 3, 2021, and closed at 11:59pm EDT on Sunday, Sept 5, 2021. As of Monday, Sept 6, 2021 no floor nominations were received. Despite the fact that there are no contested races, the elections will proceed as described in the Elections Procedures for a Virtual USMS Annual Meeting. (no acclamations of winners)
- Nomination Packet - This is a Word file containing instructions and the Candidate questionnaire.
- Template for Letter of Nomination or Endorsement
- Current Election Operating Guidelines - The guidelines govern the election process and inform you of the requirements you will need to fulfill as a candidate.
- Creating an Electronic Signature
- be members in good standing of U.S. Masters Swimming for the year when the election is held;
- have attended one or more USMS annual meetings of the National House of Delegates in the preceding five years; and
- plan to attend the annual meeting of the National House of Delegates for the election year in which they are standing for election, and plan to attend all House of Delegates meetings during their tenure. Explanation of the duties of officers can be found in the USMS Code of Regulations and Rules of Competition (Article 506 - Duties of Officers) and on the Election Section of the USMS Web Site.
If after reading the materials, you have questions about the role of USMS officers or the Nomination/Election process, please contact Elections Committee Chair Erin Sullivan.