General Sanction Information
COVID-19 Event Resources
- The USMS Board of Directors has approved a return to sanctioned competitions starting November 1, 2020. Visit the COVID-19 Event Resources page for guidance and recommendations for hosting a USMS-sanctioned event during these unprecedented times.
- COVID-19 Update - sanction fees have been waived for the remainder of 2020 (no changes to the billing of recognized events). Refer to the Sanction Fee Grid for more information. In addition, your LMSC may charge a local sanction and/or one-event fees. Please contact your LMSC Sanction Chair about fees associated with hosting a meet.
One Event Memberships (OEVT)
LMSCs have the option to offer one-event registrations at events sanctioned by their own LMSC. A one event registration provides USMS insurance coverage to a participant in one "event" (open water race or pool meet). More details, instructions, and information can be found on our One Event Memberships page. Your LMSC may charge a local one event fee, please contact your LMSC Sanction Chair about fees associated with hosting a meet.
Online Sanction Application
- Tutorial for Event Directors
- Worksheet for Event Directors
- Submit an Update to an Event Already on the Calendar