General Sanction Information
COVID-19 Event Resources
- We started implementing a phased approach to return to competition as of November 1, 2020. We understand not all LMSCs will be able to begin holding events due to state, local, and facility restrictions; however, we want those who do conduct events to plan with USMS guidelines and recommendations in place. Visit the COVID-19 Event Resources page COVID-19 Event Resources page for guidance and recommendations for hosting a USMS-sanctioned event during these unprecedented times.
- Refer to the Sanction Fee Grid for more information. In addition, your LMSC may charge a local sanction and/or one-event fees. Please contact your LMSC Sanction Chair about fees associated with hosting a meet.
One Event Memberships (OEVT)
LMSCs have the option to offer one-event registrations at events sanctioned by their own LMSC. A one event registration provides USMS insurance coverage to a participant in one "event" (open water race or pool meet). More details, instructions, and information can be found on our One Event Memberships page. Your LMSC may charge a local one event fee, please contact your LMSC Sanction Chair about fees associated with hosting a meet.
Online Sanction Application
- Tutorial for Event Directors
- Worksheet for Event Directors
- Submit an Update to an Event Already on the Calendar